Friday 5 October 2012

Sunderland Adam Johnson Looks Forward To Manchester City Return

photo
Sunderland winger Adam Johnson has said he will find returning to old club Manchester City a strange experience.

Johnson, 25, joined Sunderland from City in a £10 million deal over the summer after two and a half years at the Etihad Stadium.

He said he hoped the Black Cats could build on last weekend's win against Wigan, saying: "It was a good win against Wigan, and obviously City is a tough place to go - it'll be nice to be involved in that.


"I've never been back to an old club in my career. I had great times there, winning the league and FA Cup. I'll always see it as a big part of my career. I'm looking forward to going back and seeing a lot of old friends there."

Meanwhile, Martin O'Neill has said Simon Mignolet's bravery evokes memories of Peter Shilton and Pat Jennings. O'Neill played in front of both 'keepers during his career, and believes the Belgian shot-stopper shares similar qualities.

"Simon has been fantastic for us," he said. "There's parts of his game he wants to improve on, but he's as brave as a lion.

"The save at Upton Park [from Kevin Nolan during last month's 1-1 draw] was fantastic, but for me the two on Saturday against Wigan were even better. If they had gone in, we were going 2-0 down. He kept us in the game big time.

"Simon's definitely improved. He's stronger-looking. I've been very, very pleased with him. There's something about brave goalkeepers I like."

No comments:

Post a Comment