Friday 28 September 2012

President Barack Obama is beating Mitt Romney not only in the polls, but also in sales of presidential-themed Halloween masks. This year, Obama masks are outselling Romney masks by more than 30 percent, according to the sales records at BuyCostumes.com and Spirit Halloween Stores, two popular seasonal retailers. BuyCostumes.com statistics said Obama is up 30 percentage points over Romney, and Spirit Halloween has Obama mask sales figures at 69 percent vs. 31 percent for the Romney version. Skeptics might say the costume poll is just window dressing meant to mask the real issues, but ABC News reports that BuyCostumes mask sales have correctly predicted the victor in the past three elections, while Spirit's mask sales have been right in the past four. "Our presidential index has proven to be a consistent and accurate predictor of the next president for nearly two decades," Spirit Halloween company CEO and president Steven Silverstein told NewsMax. For instance, Spirit Halloween figures show that Bill Clinton outsold Bob Dole by 71 percent to 29; George W. Bush outsold Al Gore by 57 percent to 43; Bush outsold John Kerry by 65 percent to 35; and Obama outsold John McCain by 60 percent to 40. Just because a candidate's mask is selling well in a particular state doesn't mean he will win there. The BuyCostumes.com website features a graph that shows Barack Obama masks are beating Mitt Romney masks in Texas, a state that most pollsters would agree is firmly Republican. Meanwhile, Romney mask sales are beating Obama in Massachusetts, which, by all accounts, should go to the President on election day. Interestingly enough, Paul Ryan is making up 100 percent of GOP-themed Halloween masks in Alabama, according to BuyCostumes.com. Joe Biden's best state is North Carolina, where his mug is responsible for 49 percent of Democratic mask sales.

I hate that I'm doing this, but I kinda don't have anyone to talk to about it.
So some background info:
My girlfriend broke up with her ex of several years to be with me.
We are madly in love with each other (or so I thought).
We've been together for about a year.

So now for the problem:
I recently read my girlfriends conversation with her ex and I found out some things that shocked me.
1) She asked him if he thought they would get back together This obviously means she wants to.
2) She basically told him that she's dating me cause I'm fun and that she doesn't see us going far.
Now this confused me. She tells me all the time that she is madly in love with me. We're planning on moving in together in a year. And occasionally she'll tell me that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. On the other hand, when we talk about moving in together, she'll ask me "how do you know we'll still be together"? But she'll play this off as a joke.


What do I do? Do I tell her I read her texts? How do I do this? And do you think she's just using me?
I know it's hard to tell with this little info, but please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment